Thursday, October 23, 2008

Jingle Shells


Time for my weekly Christmas card... can you believe there are only 9 weeks left now??? I've gone back to Crab & Company for this one, but I've focused on some of the smaller images from the set. I'll blame the local Christmas Shop for this one as they have one tree decorated in an Aussie way, there are even thong decorations (Flip-flops)! As it is Summer at Christmas time in Australia (not that you'd know it today - it's very cold and rainy today) the beach tends to figure highly in Aussie-fied Christmas imagery, so the idea of teaming these little cuties with the Lovely As A Tree tree popped into my head and I just had to do it! I decided to use the colours from this months Elite Challenges blog colour challenge as I thought the roses would work well for the shells. I chose to use two slightly different colour methods for these: for the starfish I swished the clean aquapainter over the images before picking some ink up from the lid of the inkpad and swishing the aquapainter over the images again. Since I was cutting these out I didn't have to worry about staying in the lines! I then went over the dotted "shadow" areas of the starfish with the Regal Rose marker for emphasis. I also used this method on the large shell, though I had to be carfeful to avoid his eyes and I used the fine tip of the marker to emphasise the lines on his shell. For the small shells I swished over the images with the clean aquapainter before colouring with the Regal Rose marker, then added emphasis with the Rose Red marker.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Rose Red, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Crab & Company, Lovely As A Tree
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Wild Wasabi
Accessories: aquapainter, Rose Red & Regal Rose markers, Styled Silver hodgepodge, mini glue dots
Show watched while creating: 30 Days of Night

4 comments:

Dani Fender said...

Love it! So beautiful! Funky but great at the same time!

Bec Ross said...

That is just the cutest thing I have seen all week!
Bec.

Tracy said...

what a fantastic and very Aussie like christmas card. Thank you very much for sharing it! Almost makes me want to go out and buy the tree stamp (but not quite...lol)

Rebecca Munro said...

Great card! Very cool & aussie!