Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Horses For You


And here is my "stepped up" card. For this card I added the "emerging colour" technique: stamped the horse using VersaMark, clear embossed and brayered Blue Bayou ink over the top. Once you wipe away the ink from the embossing you have the coloured images showing through the embossing and a little bit through the brayered ink. It produces a more complicated looking card, but it's really just a combination of two simple techniques. Now if I didn't have to unplug my OTT light every time I wanted to heat emboss I'd be doing this much more!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Stamp Sets: Wanted, Occasional Greetings
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Mellow Moss, Soft Sky, VersaMark
Accessories: Blue Bayou "marker" (blender pen + refill), Soft Sky "marker" (blender pen + refill), Not Quite Navy marker, Always Artichoke marker, 1 3/8" circle punch, clear embossing powder
Show watched while creating: Stargate Atlantis, Bones

4 comments:

Sam said...

Lovely card Carol!

Bones is conducive to creating...isn't it?!

:-)

Sam.

Christina Ammann said...

Oh, eine wundervolle Karte.

Bec Ross said...

*sigh* Stop making me want more stamps! LOL!
Bec.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card Carol - and the colour combo does work really well with this set too.