Sunday, April 12, 2009

On Board Owl

Last night I decided to just play, and so I pulled out something I'd been wanting to do for ages: cover one of the On Board So Tweet chipboard owls with DSP. I'm pleased to say that he pretty much came out as expected (though I was thrilled the Haiku pattern was such a perfect size for the eyes), but then I had to think what to do with him! I decided to put him on a card, and though the latest Weekend Sketch Challenge would suit... if you want to be particular the oval is the circle from the sketch and the owl is the large rectangle behind that. I was going to add a large rectangle of DSP behind the owl but everything I tried distracted from him, so he's just out on a (ribbon) limb with no treetrunk in sight!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Owl Together Now
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Patterns DSP, Haiku DSP, On Board So Tweet, Valet Ribbon Originals, wide oval punch
Shows watched while creating: Bones, Dead Like Me

8 comments:

Karen said...

Hiya Carol!

I love this card! As soon as I saw it I smiled! Great job!

Karen
xo

Miriam Thomas said...

I love this colour combo and that owl is way too cute!

Makeesha Byl said...

Your'e owl is gorgeous Carol! Love those eyes! LOL! You look like you are having a blast with all your new goodies! Take care Love Keesh x

Noreen said...

Love your owl Carol it has real characher with the eyes. Noreen

Laurie said...

yes, those eyes are just perfect!

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Wow! What a creative and very cute interpretation of the sketch! I love it!!

Thanks so much for playing!

Night Owl Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Night Owl Designs said...

Awww, too cute! I especially love the colours you've used :-)