Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Card That Started It All

This card was made weeks ago, for Taylor's sketch challenge #64, but I kept it under wraps because I very quickly decided that I had to use these elements again for convention swaps and didn't want to spoil the surprise. You may notice a lot of white flecks on the card: that's not white embossing powder or anything like that, it's just dust and fluff that collected on the card over the weeks it sat here waiting to be photographed and a quick brush didn't get them off (I was in a rush as I needed to attend to dinner!). The main image is the Bloomin' With Beauty flower stamped on Whisper White and cut out just as I did for the bookmark swaps (though the others are coloured much nicer). The black strip across the middle has Bella's Border embossed in black just as I did for the "Bella & Edward/Jacob" cards, although here I did it twice (turning the wheel around the second time and trying to get a mirror image effect but I didn't quite line it up perfectly). The sentiment comes from yet another set, A Beautiful Thing, which I inked with my Basic Black, Riding Hood Red and Garden Green markers. I was quite happy with how this turned out!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Garden Green, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Bloomin' With Beauty, Bella's Border, A Beautiful Thing, Frames With A Flourish
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark
Accessories: Basic Black marker, Riding Hood Red "marker", Garden Green marker, Dress Up Ribbon Originals, aquapainter, dimensionals
Show watched while creating: Twilight

No comments: